My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
My tabletop RPGs.
The Mystic Dungeon BBS
My '80s-style bulletin board and doorgame.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- The Hacker/The Act, by Clock/DVA Buried Dreams, by Clock/DVA Collective, by Clock/DVA Post-Sign, by Clock/DVA Clock 2, by Clock/DVA Resolution, by Android Lust Evolution, by Android Lust The Dividing, by Android Lust Stripped & Stitched, by Android Lust Brought on by MySpace losing all music uploads. My page was always just Clock/DVA and Android Lust … Continue reading "MySpace Sunday Music"Read More »
- Anthology series of adult SF cartoons, produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller (Deadpool director). Which is like Netflix said "hey, Mark, we made a thing exactly for you!" I <3 you too, Netflix! 18 episodes, I watched 8 so far, will see the rest next binge. Sonnie's Edge: I instantly recognized this, but couldn't … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Love Death Robots"Read More »
- James Gunn un-fired! Hell yeah. I grew up with some of my favorite comics being ROM Spaceknight, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Adam Warlock (in Marvel Presents, I think?), and so on… the Marvel space series were so much better than their ground superheroes. While the films are a little trashy, they're fun trash, and the music … Continue reading "Guardians of the Galaxy 3"Read More »
- You Don't Mess Around with Jim, by Jim Croce You don't tug on Superman's cape You don't spit into the wind You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger And you don't mess around with Jim Life and Times, by Jim Croce Home Free, by Dan Fogelberg Souvenirs, by Dan Fogelberg Sweet Baby … Continue reading "Wishin' it Weren't Wednesday Music"Read More »
- [[[ These ]]] are your father's square brackets, the weapons of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as C++. Elegant weapons for a more civilized age. Apple's Objective-C books used to be top-notch, but they've been neglected and the new doc site doesn't link to them. There's PDFs at various sites. Cocoa Dev … Continue reading "Return of the Objective-C Jedi"Read More »
- mulle-objc #MakeObjCGreatAgain is apparently functional, so let's see how that goes. mkdir CLICalc cd CLICalc mulle-sde init -m foundation/objc-developer executable This takes more or less forever. … Still going. OK, finally done. I hate to think it's gonna do that every new project? Or whenever it updates? Anyway, bbedit . (fuck Xcode), and add at … Continue reading "Writing Objective-C with Mulle-Objc"Read More »
- When using Python from a shell, the REPL is fairly awful and doesn't let you copy-paste or save, except through the shell itself. I especially find that copy-pasting functions in is error-prone. There's a nice interactive environment for Python called IDLE (after Eric ): It's probably an application in your /Applications/Python 3.7 folder, or whatever … Continue reading "Interactive Python IDLE"Read More »
- Trying to watch Umbrella Academy, and it is so slow. The assassins are more fun than the "family", and they're in maybe 5 minutes per ep. Two of the siblings are absolute monsters who should be drowned; exiling the tiny-headed gorilla to the Moon to fill sandbags until he dies was a good plan, but … Continue reading "What I'm Not Watching: Umbrella Academy"Read More »
- I'm finally nearing the end of the 1st season main story; I have a boss in the Dimensional Vortex to fight (which I think I should level for), and what appears to be another chapter after that, probably a final dungeon & boss. My party's exhausted, beat down from so many magic-only enemies. Is it … Continue reading "Mapping AnotherEden"Read More »
- As I noted in Alphaville, Appleseed covers similar ground. Been a few years, so I rewatched it. But back up a bit to the manga. Shirow Masamune's first manga was Black Magic, about a computer-controlled society of animal-people on a habitable Venus, 60 million years ago when the Earth is full of dangerous dinosaurs, and … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Appleseed (1988)"Read More »