My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
An elegant language for a more civilized age.
My tabletop RPGs.
The Mystic Dungeon BBS
My '80s-style bulletin board and doorgame.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- Truth, by Beborn Beton This Hallowed Ground, by Noxious Emotion Venus Mind Trap, by Deathline International Count Zero, by Noxious Emotion Blame, by Canister Escape the Furnace, V/A Mammal or Machine, by Moksha Cybrid, by Deathline InternationalRead More »
- I'm planning on doing the 7DRL challenge, which runs from Saturday Feb 29 to Saturday Mar 7. PortalWorlds itch.io page: Will hold status updates once I start, and the game when it's done. I did some design work this morning, picking out tilesets and making some index card notes for my 7DRL. Think I have … Continue reading "7DRL"Read More »
- Finally finished BoJack Horseman's final sixth season, which could've been just 3 eps without any loss. Just endless character vamping; not even development, because they can't develop further and there's no arc, just everyone gets a pony and a birthday cake courtesy of the writers, except BoJack who continues to fuck up. Season 3 was … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: BoJack Horseman"Read More »
- This weekend, I wanted to have dynamic access to SDL for some interactive graphing, and again ran into the problem from More Fun and Swearing with Scheme. With more experienced eyes, I read the Chez Scheme User's Guide and discovered everything I'd done wrong a year+ ago. First, install Thunderchez somewhere, I just put it … Continue reading "Green Window Means Thunderchez is Working"Read More »
- Machines Are Us, by Icon of Coil Meta, by Assemblage 23 Revelations, by mind.in.a.box Compass, by Assemblage 23 Memories, by mind.in.a.box Close to Human, by Aesthetic Perfection Mind Over Matter, by Solitary ExperimentsRead More »
- BLAME! was a manga by Tsutomu Nihei from the late '90s/early '00s, like the result of listening to the Terminator soundtrack and Front Line Assembly and drawing that. A weird loner named Killy with an overpowered gravity gun, wanders an infinitely large ruined city, infested with Exterminators that want to kill all the unauthorized Humans, … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: BLAME!"Read More »
- Instantiation, by Greg Egan: I got this for $2.99 on Apple Books. Egan's always been best at short story length, writing an idea that cuts away your Human delusions of self-importance and self-awareness, and then terminates. His characters have maybe more depth now than they did 30 years ago, but it's focused on the task … Continue reading "What I'm Reading: Instantiation, by Greg Egan"Read More »
- Art of Computer Animation 1988 The Mind's Eye 1990 Beyond the Mind's Eye 1992 Future Shock VHS 1993 Warp Records Motion 1994 Escape to Transcyberia 1995 Odyssey into the Mind's Eye 1997 Infinity's Child 1999 Thomas Dolby's Gate to the Mind's Eye Reminder: I have useful helper scripts for youtube-dl and VLC, ytplaylistRead More »
- Man Machine, by Kraftwerk Telekon, by Gary Numan Outland, by Gary Numan Nerve Net, by Brian Eno Oversteps, by Autechre Om 10, V/ARead More »
- Black Night is Falling, by John Lee Hooker Roadhouse playlistRead More »