My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
An elegant language for a more civilized age.
My tabletop RPGs.
Mystic Dungeon Club
My tech demos and online games.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- Twitter SEC filing: Twitter said Thursday it aims to have 315 million monetizable daily active users (mDAUs) by the end of 2023 and to at least double its annual revenue in that year. The announcement was made in an SEC filing. Twitter’s stock was up more than 5% on Thursday afternoon. So now you're not … Continue reading "Are you classified as Human? Negative, I am a Meat Popsicle."Read More »
- Suspicions of Mr Whicher: Ties That Bind: (zon) A divorce case (in Victorian England, nasty business) turns into a missing person case, then murder. Paddy really seems to have grown into the role here (tho again by now the historical Mr Whicher is utterly different from this character), but this is the last one. Unlike … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Last Suspicions, The Investigation"Read More »
- Nintendo Direct 2021-02-17 Not a great Direct to start the year. bold for things I'm interested in. Xenoblade? No, it's just Smash. My interest in Smash is zero. Famicom Detective Club: Very interesting, I'll be picking these up if they're not unreasonably priced. Pre-order is nonsense in a digital store. Monster Hunter is offensive, trophy … Continue reading "Nintendo Direct"Read More »
- Doing some maintenance and setup on my RasPi4, I struggled to find keyboard shortcuts. Where I did find them online, they were slightly obsolete or just not correct for my keyboard. Some of these are specific to my Rii keyboard/trackpad combo, which has a Fn key and F-keys are "under" the media keys and arrows. … Continue reading "Raspbian from the Keyboard"Read More »
- Murder In Angel Lane: Mr Whicher is now a "private inquiry agent", dicks not yet having been invented, and searches for a missing girl in a story about uncertain paternity and jerks with knives. Obvious villain is obvious, but the multiple visits to the insane asylum are nice; for a Victorian bedlam it's pretty cushy. … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: More Suspicions of Mr Whicher"Read More »
- I've completed my BASIC 10-Liner contest entry, download on itch.io Just shove the disk (.atr) in Atari800MacX or any other compatible Atari 800XL emulator, disable BASIC and hit reset, it should boot up into the launcher: Where you can read docs or source: And play the game! So, the source for my first pass was … Continue reading "Nanorogue2 in BASIC"Read More »
- Not "The Witcher". This is on 'zon, "The Murder at Roadhill House", there are 3 more episodes so far. Based on a 2008 book by Kate Summerscale. Period 1860, in a crappy English village of Wiltshire, a family awakes to find a missing child (called a "baby" and kept in a crib, but he's nearly … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Suspicions of Mr Whicher"Read More »
- Let's go back to the 1980s! Huey Lewis Radio: Apple Music is letting Huey play an hour a week, and it's fucking fantastic. ♫ That's the power of love! ♫ 2021 BASIC 10-Liner Contest So I knocked down a tiny subset of my already tiny BASIC demo program, NANOROGUE, and plan to make 10-line versions … Continue reading "10-Line BASIC Contest"Read More »
- Briefcase Full of Blues, by the Blues Brothers: I watched the movie again just a few days ago, and it's fantastic. Extended edition has longer musical segments, a little more time in Elwood's hovel playing blues records. Made in America, by the Blues Brothers What's Going On, Detroit Mix, by Marvin Gaye Crossroads, by Ry … Continue reading "Blues Brothers Saturday Music"Read More »
- Let it always be known that I dislike everyone imitating e e cummings. Write in all caps. And I don't like leading articles in titles; "Little Things" is a better title. The entire credits are in lowercase, and I hate it. How is it that 1990 is a period era? Yeah, it's 30 years ago, … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: "the little things""Read More »