My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
My tabletop RPGs.
The Mystic Dungeon BBS
My '80s-style bulletin board and doorgame.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- Jason Scott of archive.org has just uploaded Infocom's source code, and keeps adding a bunch of other game source. I've made an easy script to get all the text adventures; if you want Quake or whatever, go grab that yourself. #!/bin/zsh for repo in abyss amfv arthur ballyhoo beyondzork borderzone bureaucracy checkpoint colossalcaveadventure cutthroats deadline … Continue reading "Infocom"Read More »
- In which I compare some of the thousands of streaming media services: Netflix: $13/mo for adult content: Love, Death & Robots, Bordertown, dozens of other crime dramas, adult comedies, and a huge backlog of content. In anime they have a bunch of current series, the Godzilla anime, classic Robotech (goddamn I still hate Minmei), and … Continue reading "All the Streaming Video"Read More »
- '90s Rock Essentials playlist: Skip all the Nirvana; as I've often said, the average quality of music in the world doubled the day Kurt solved his headache problem. While I like Santana, Smooth (featuring Rob Thomas) really doesn't fit in this list, nor does some of the electronica. Otherwise very nice. Nude & Rude: The … Continue reading "Keep on Rockin' in Wednesday Music"Read More »
- In 1979, I learned to program in BASIC on a TRS-80 Model I. Sometime in the next year, I read one of my first programming books: Stimulating Simulations by C. William Engel (I'm not sure which edition; it had the dungeon game, but I think a TRS-80 version, not Atari? Maybe PET, tho I was … Continue reading "Lost Treasure"Read More »
- EHT announcement: 2019-04-10 Simulated results xkcd snark I'm more concerned that someone named their project Event Horizon. Look, maybe Sam Neill isn't your captain, maybe you won't open a gateway to Hell, but are you ready for bad editing and critical panning of what's otherwise a fantastic work?Read More »
- Bat Out of Hell, by Meat Loaf & Jim Steinman Bad for Good, by Jim Steinman Bat Out of Hell II, by Meat Loaf & Jim Steinman Bat Out of Hell III, by Meat Loaf & Jim Steinman Original Sin, by Pandora's Box & Jim SteinmanRead More »
- Warheads on Foreheads, by Megadeth: Greatest hits, we all have every Megadeth album, right? But nice as a playlist. Brother will kill brother Spilling blood across the land Killing for religion Something I don't understand —"Holy Wars… The Punishment Due"Read More »
- Controls kinda suck. Movement in landscape is OK, but the camera is often stuck forward, waiting for a tap to move to. I want to disable tap-to-move so I can just use a right virtual stick to control the camera. Everything in portrait is awful, tap tap tap to inch along forward because I can't … Continue reading "Elder Scrolls: Blades Actual Play Notes"Read More »
- Oh, for fuck's sake, the Humorless Asshole Squad have started their yearly complaints about Internet Fun Day 3 days early. Can we all just agree that if you're a humorless asshole, you should stay off the Internet from Mar 31-Apr 2, and you can pretend it never happened, and the rest of us can have … Continue reading "Internet Fun Day"Read More »
- Play Blades Early access just dropped, the app appeared on my phone! Starts with a fire screensaver with some intro text that immediately becomes a mini-tutorial. Log in with a Bethesda.net account, and… downloading day 0 update. Walk down a little forest path, and there's a couple of fights, one of which, the Orc with … Continue reading "Elder Scrolls: Blades"Read More »