My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
My tabletop RPGs.
The Mystic Dungeon BBS
My '80s-style bulletin board and doorgame.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny "I took it with equanimity, however: I've long known that fortune's a whore and life itself a kind of stupid muddle. I am not a religious man. Far from it. I hold, if anything, a belief which I believe was once ascribed to the Gnostic: … Continue reading "What I'm Reading: Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny"Read More »
- "All I Really Need", by Machines of Loving Grace Machines of Loving Grace Concentration, by Machines of Loving Grace Metropolis, by Sister Machine Gun Future Unformed, by Sister Machine Gun Maschine Zeit, by Funker Vogt Machines Are Us, by Icon of Coil Diskonnekt, by Decoded Feedback Dark Passenger, by Decoded Feedback XX, by Rage Against … Continue reading "Machines Love Friday Music"Read More »
- GoodReads iBooks Here's your light summer reading! Cosmic catastrophe, in this case a close fly-by of a black hole Taraxippus, has long-term consequences for Earth's climate, and people on a rickety fish-farming ship try to survive and make the best use of it. It's hard not to directly compare this to Neal Stephenson's SevenEves, which … Continue reading "What I'm Reading: Perihelion Summer by Greg Egan"Read More »
- renewed Hopefully with less* John Scalzi and Call of Duty machinima, and more** women writers this time. * Preferably zero. Is negative Scalzi possible? I'd like that. The guy wrote a couple good pulps once, but he self-promotes like he's selling Pepsi. ** As opposed to zero in the first season?Read More »
- Roxy Music For Your Pleasure, by Roxy Music The Man Who Sold the World, by David Bowie The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, by David Bowie Rio, by Duran Duran Notorious, by Duran DuranRead More »
- I wanted more Godzilla, but the classic Toho collections are unclearly listed on 'Zon and elsewhere, I want only Japanese-language (English subtitle) theatrical versions and many are 4:3 English-dubbed TV versions. So… I'm putting this off until I can do some real research, and bought an iTunes two-pack of Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Kong Skull Island"Read More »
- Lovely film. The monsters look and sound amazing, the music is great, the monster fight scenes are long, complex, and more visible than the previous American Godzilla (2014). This really is on par with the Toho movies, and respectful. It takes thousands of people and $200M to accomplish what Ishiro Honda did with $175K ($1.662M … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Godzilla, King of the Monsters"Read More »
- Catalina beta notes In particular: Quartz Composer Deprecations Starting in macOS 10.15, the Quartz Composer framework is deprecated and remains present for compatibility purposes. Transition to frameworks such as Core Image, SceneKit, or Metal. (50911608) Tragic but unsurprising. None of those are even remotely a replacement, being machine-level programming tools, not a graphical tool for … Continue reading "Catalina Scripting"Read More »
- A Kind of Magic, by Queen The Game, by Queen Shades of Deep Purple, by Deep Purple The Book of Taliesyn, by Deep PurpleRead More »
- The problem with the Internet… and here I'm referring to (sweeps hand across everything in view) all of this, but to take just current events Google blocking ad-blockers in Chrome, Google downtime locking people out of their Nest thermostats and "Home"-controlled security systems, horrible prisons of the mind like Twitter and Facebook, and the cacophony … Continue reading "The Machine Stops"Read More »