My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
An elegant language for a more civilized age.
My tabletop RPGs.
Mystic Dungeon Club
My tech demos and online games.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- The next one after BMO, this time about a glass kingdom, a lava dragon, and P.B. and Marceline. Apparently P.B. and Marceline have been living for… decades? in Marceline's old house. I guess most of the Candy Kingdom is extinct and doesn't need P.B., but she spends zero time worrying about that, just being a … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Adventure Time: Distant Lands: Obsidian"Read More »
- The Big Bad The Wandering DMs This has been 6 groups trying to do a D&D 5E "tournament adventure", and then scored for mission success. The Dungeon Master is Paul Siegel of Paul's Game Blog and the adversary is played by Dan Collins of Delta's D&D and OED Games. Good Stuff: The Adversary. Having a … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: The Big Bad"Read More »
- In the grand tradition of underwater horror movies: Sealab 2020 (1972, Hanna-Barbera), Sealab 2021 (2000-2005, Adult Swim): "Oh, those aren't horror, Mark." Aren't they? MARDUK SAYS THEY ARE. Abyss (1989): Pretty good for a self-indulgent James Cameron flick. Fun up to "live damn you live!", but the ending is stupid, aliens make contact underwater and … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Underwater"Read More »
- Purple Powers, by Public Enemy: Just ambient music. What You Gonna Do When the Grid Goes Down?, by Public Enemy: Not that. Wake of a Nation, by Zeal & Ardour Amerikkkant, by Ministry: Wow, 2018 feels like 20 years ago.Read More »
- Matt Firor of ZOS tells Apple Silicon Mac users to fuck off You'd think that with unlimited Microsoft money, ZOS could hire one Mac developer and buy a couple Macs mini M1 to build & test on. Or as posted, they could just carry on as they have been: They haven't had any Mac developers … Continue reading "Elder Scrolls is Offline on the Apple Silicon Mac"Read More »
- At best you get tears & corrosive salt water, at worst you get a sodium explosion. My philosophy of games: Games are about environment and gameplay only. Graphics don't matter much, as long as they communicate. Character and story are what you bring to it, they should not be part of the game. So, I … Continue reading "Videogames and Storytelling Mix like Water and Sodium"Read More »
- Welcome to Centerville A Real Nice Place Pop 738 Not for long. Directed by Jim Jarmusch, starring Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Danny Glover, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi*, Iggy Pop and Sara Driver (no relation) as the coffee zombies, and Tom Waits as a beardy hermit/psychopomp/Monty Python's "It's!" man. Sturgill Simpson's "The Dead Don't … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: The Dead Don't Die"Read More »
- Right at the start, I expect better of the Joker than to be mugged by kids, that should be an alley full of dead punks. Joachim Phoenix looks like crap, he's 45 here, at least two decades too old for this origin story, isn't really fit for the job. Maybe he'll toughen up by the … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Joker"Read More »
- Apple event: ♫ "The chime is back!" Reasonably good summary of the new chips, and how Big Sur works with your old Intel applications. Device coverage is very superficial, "it runs X specific app in Y time!" Well, if I haven't used Logic, is that good? I know Apple will never show real benchmarks where … Continue reading "Apple Silicon"Read More »
- In this case, the 1983 movie. It's kind of a waste of celluloid, the originals were better, but back then you would be lucky to ever see a good episode in syndication, and if there were VHS tapes of the series, they would've been very expensive. Maybe the best case would've been to never make … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Twilight Zone"Read More »