My commercial software.
My freeware utility programs.
An elegant language for a more civilized age.
My tabletop RPGs.
The Mystic Dungeon BBS
My '80s-style bulletin board and doorgame.
The future is
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right for specific topics
- Last 10 Posts:
- What Did Jack Do?: David Lynch sits in a barren room and interviews a monkey (with terrible Conan O'Brien quality fake mouth dubbing). What eventually comes out is a broken heart sob story, a mediocre lounge song, and an arrest on motive but no evidence. Jack won't be serving hard time on this. Dialogue's pretty … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: What Did Jack Do?, Isekai Quartet, Overlord"Read More »
- Journey to the End of the Night, by Green Carnation Dead Soul Tribe Distance Over Time, by Dream Theater Annwyn, Beneath the Waves, by Faith and the Muse Call of the West, by Wall of VoodooRead More »
- SpaceX Crew Dragon Launch Escape: Should be 05:00 PST, or hereabouts.Read More »
- Witch Hunt, by SPF1000 Devil's Bris, by Voltaire Dukes of Alhazred, by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets Cthulhu Strikes Back, by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets American Gothic, by Creature FeatureRead More »
- McSweeney's Literary AirBNB reviews Makes a good followup to Dracula (2020).Read More »
- The Heart of Everything, by Within Temptation Once, by Nightwish Jomsviking, by Amon Amarth Hel, by Týr Winterborn, by Wolfheart Marrow of the Spirit, by Agalloch While trying to find Agalloch's winter album, I ran across Decibel's 10 Great Albums for Winter, which I may go through. No, I've not seen some Disney cartoon musical.Read More »
- A police procedural about a Washington/Colorado area rapist, adapted from an NPR piece. I'll say up front I watched this in a couple sittings, it kept my attention mostly, but also I didn't like it and it's not entirely worth watching. What's mostly unbelievable are the caricatures. This show may be proof that artificial intelligence … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Unbelievable"Read More »
- Mark Hamill deletes Facebook over political ads I deleted mine a few years ago, and it's great to be free. See also: Facebook Cares Post-Facebook Microblogging Though since then, micro.blog has stalled out and is the ugliest, least capable of the social networks I'm connected to. It's a useful comment system on my posts. Fediverse, … Continue reading "Be like Luke. Delete Facebook."Read More »
- Perilar was my favorite of my games, an original iPhone RPG (loosely inspired by Rogue, Ultima, & Zelda). Alas, the App Store is a pain in the ass to stay current in, and Perilar needed updates I wasn't willing to jump thru Apple's hoops to deliver, so it's been gone from the store for a … Continue reading "Perilar: Dark Weaver"Read More »
- Three 90-minute episode/movies on Netflix, each in a very different style. The undead makeup is pretty good, there's not a lot of crazy special effects or fights, but lots of latex gags. There's a wolf transformation scene using some latex and raspberry jam, and some mannequin head gags. Fun practical effects, not too much CGI … Continue reading "What I'm Watching: Dracula (2020)"Read More »