Does owning a BMW turn you into an asshole, or do only assholes buy BMW? Asking for the jackass who sped backwards at speed into a parking spot the wrong way. ??
- Burning from the Inside, by Bauhaus
- Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven, by Love and Rockets
- Still, by Joy Division
- Movement, by New Order
- Power, Corruption, & Lies, by New Order: Ever have one of those Proust madeleine moments? This album, and “Age of Consent” in particular, just hit me with one of those so strong I’ve spent the last hour in a daze figuring it out.
- Seven and the Ragged Tiger, by Duran Duran
- The Power Station
- So Red the Rose, by Arcadia
- Slate Star Codex: Current Affairs’ “Some Puzzles For Libertarians”, Treated As Writing Prompts For Short Stories
There were more shouts and another frenzy for attention. General Washington banged his gavel. “The chair recognizes Alexander Hamilton.”
“Yo,” said Hamilton. “The institutions of our Constitution, give a clear solution to this persecution. The Revolution…”
“The chair unrecognizes Representative Hamilton, and offers the floor to anyone who does not speak in rap.”
- Everybody’s Free, by Andy Whitby & Matt Lee
- The Fat of the Land, by The Prodigy: So tracks 2-10 are some of the best rave music ever. Track 1 is perhaps the best rave song ever… “Smack my bitch up” is a slang demand to receive heroin, but wow does it piss off everyone with that title/lyric, and the prodge would rather milk the controversy than change anything or clarify it.
- The Day Is My Enemy, by The Prodigy
- The Night Is My Friend, by The Prodigy: Remixes
- Further, by The Chemical Brothers
- Born in the Echoes, by The Chemical Brothers
- Serenity Is the Devil, by Icon of Coil
- The Soul Is In the Software, by Icon of Coil
- Space Goat Pale Ale by Big Sky Brewing. Bought for the awesome name/label, and I like Moose Drool, their flagship brew. Cap says “LESS PANTS MORE BANJO”, which is at least half good advice. Initial flavor/aroma was almost skunky, extremely unpleasant. Settled after a few minutes and became a slightly too hoppy, too watery ale, only 5% ABV. I’ve had better lagers for half the price. Sadly would not recommend this. ★★☆☆☆
Pacific Rain by Ninkasi Brewing. This is fabulous. “Northwest Pale”, light but not watery, a little bit fruity. Only 5.4% ABV which is light for Ninkasi, not a challenging beer (no Arrogant Bastard-ness here) but one of the nicest beers ever. ★★★★★
- In the Court of the Crimson King, by King Crimson: Sadly nothing but recent live albums on Apple Music
- The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other, by Van Der Graaf Generator
- The Yes Album: First two tracks are meh, so I always forget how amazing “Starship Trooper” and “I’ve Seen All Good People” are.
- Fragile, by Yes
- Close to the Edge, by Yes
- A Question of Balance, by The Moody Blues
- In Search of the Lost Chord, by The Moody Blues
- On the Threshold of a Dream, by The Moody Blues
- Nursery Cryme, by Genesis