- Various Daylife: Previously described, an RPG life simulator. Slow, tedious, but mildly interesting. Worst title of any game I’ve heard of. Mediocre.
- Chu-Chu Universe: Yes, this is another Chu-Chu Rocket, in 3D with shitty controls. I like the slow logic puzzles, but I’ve played the better version of this game hundreds of hours on the DS (yes, I hear you, two lonely Dreamcast users out there), don’t really need a new one. Also, it makes my iPhone 8+ extremely hot along the top-right corner; GPU-heavy with no way to turn that off? Mediocre.
- What The Golf: Sort of a ripoff of Desert Golfing with a mini-golf course and QWOP or RSSS style physics antics. I’m easily amused by bad physics games, they remind me of Waterful Ring Toss from my childhood. Nice.
- Sayonara Wild Hearts: Very pretty neon style. Unplayably sluggish movement even at “high” sensitivity setting, forces you to sit through minutes of slow dialogue about hippie tarot bullshit before you can play anything. Deleted after one track. And I like endless runners, so if that’s not your thing it’ll be even less pleasant. Fail.
- Inmost: Monochrome pixely, but pretentious starting text “is a moving story of loss and hope, with themes”. Incredibly slow, “platformer” but with very little platforming. No dialogue, tap or X does everything so you just have to pixel-hump targets and wait for the action to appear. Fail.
So far this is not a service I’ll be renewing. There’s nothing here I couldn’t get better for that money.
Not Apple Arcade
- World of Warcraft Classic: I was happy at the start, but rapidly got less so: The sharding is really interfering with gameplay, so I took a break, and then Blizzard decided they’d rather support the totalitarian citizen-murdering dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party than one streamer calling for the independence of democratic Hong Kong. Just to make my position clear: Free Hong Kong! Break up China! Do not punish people for expressing support for democracy, you evil corporate douchebags. Yeah, they gave him back his prize money, but still banned him. Screw that. Cancelled my sub. #BoycottBlizzard
- Elder Scrolls Online: ZOS has a new combat team this year, and they’ve ruined my Sorcerer build, even worse nerfs are coming in the next patch, and I don’t want to pursue total changes to his skills, gear, and gameplay in hopes of maybe ever clearing content again. I was thinking about ending my ESO+ sub for a while, but then WoW blew up so I’m playing my Khajiit Vampire Mag Necromancer “Mortissa Kamidjanni” as main, and having a fun time again; ZOS haven’t nerfed the new class yet, ha ha! (I also have a Stam Warden, who was born nerfed, and a Mag Nightblade which is usually the unnerfed class but I don’t like the gameplay for that combo). ESO has four kinds of content: Overworld content, which has quests but combat is trivial and boring; Bosses (world or dungeon), which have no interesting quests, combat can be fun but often needs a group and I hate PUGs; Trading, which is slightly interesting but I’m obscenely rich in-game already; and Housing decoration, which is sort of the endgame when you have millions of gold. So my Necro kitty does some overworld quests to get skill points, mats, and recipes, then switch to my Sorc Elf to do housing. It’s something to do. Good but so disappointing compared to what it could be.
- Mario Kart Tour: It’s Mario Kart with gacha-like unlocks. Just as stupidly unfair as ever. Mildly fun if you have no attachment to skill determining who “wins” a race. Recommended age range: 1-7.
- Mirage Memorial: Big-titty waifu versions of historical and mythical figures (many are men converted to women… King Arthur, Edward “Blackbeard” Teach, etc wtf, but also Lucifer, Athena, etc). Unskippable tutorial with no choices for the entire first chapter, and every time a new feature unlocks. Combat is an auto-idler thing; you CAN turn auto off and hit portraits to activate a random skill, but that’s it. Somewhat interesting character level-up system, no character is “useless” but may need a lot of grinding to build up. I did a level grind up to 17 in a couple hours while watching Netflix, got bored out of my skull, turned it off. I’m not saying avoid or delete this, but be aware of what it is, which is nothing.
- Another Eden: Has had a couple new chapter updates, I intend to get back into this.
- Last Cloudia: Just launching today, looks very pretty. Here’s a beginner’s guide