Haven't done a music post in a while. Lotta new music to cover, and I'm angry at how stupid people are, so great combo!
- King of the Delta Blues Singers, by Robert Johnson: All the rock & metal music you listen to, came from this man's guitar.
- Electrically Recorded: High Water Everywhere, by Charlie Patton: 1929
- How Long, by Blind Lemon Johnson: 1929
- Library of Congress 1941-1942 Sessions, by Son House
- Go Bo Diddley: something a little more modern (1959)
- Timewind, by Klaus Shulze (1975)
- Dune, by Klaus Shulze (1979)
- Silhouettes, by Klaus Shulze (2018)
- There's a single track of Deus Arrakis, the rest comes out June 10, 2022.
- Alpha Centuari, by Tangerine Dream (1971)
- Sorcerer soundtrack, by Tangerine Dream (1977)
That one bit of Deus Arrakis got me fired up.
- The Trip Out, by Crystal Method: Music videos for this album are really good, if you like flashing lights and Xscreensavers/iTunes visualizers with fight scenes (and who doesn't?)
Overthinking Will Kill Your Reality
Oh thank Cthulhu there's a way out. Just gotta think real hard.
- Community, by Diskette Park
- New/End, by X Marks the Pedwalk: I'm often meh on their old material, but maybe current albums need more listens.
- Future Past, by Duran Duran: Yeah, every new album is still "are they really?" And it's just kinda meh new wave rock, but nostalgia's a hell of a drug.
And now Reynolds has some photos of his journals developing Revenger, especially interesting for the speeds of the ships & worldlets, layouts of baubles, illustrations of Clackers and Skulls (I had pictured more of a dragon skull, this is more whale-like). The illustrations of the ships as fish is bizarre; I had pictured more like sailing ships but rounded, no top deck.