- Reckoning music video, by Within Temptation: Another fantastic video
- Resist (extended), by Within Temptation: Preview with just a few tracks, rest out Feb 1. Excited as hell, WT is the best metal band since classic Nightwish.
- Savage (extended), by Gary Numan: Released last year, but 3 added tracks.
- Possessed, by Alien Sex Fiend
- I Am Above (single), by In Flames: Been a couple years since their last album
- This is Our House (single), by In Flames
- Down, Wicked, & No Good EP, by In Flames
- Battles, by In Flames
- SDGXXV EP, by Apoptygma Berzerk
- Cosmic Chess Match single, by Apoptygma Berzerk
- UTEOTW single, by Apoptygma Berzerk
- Genesis 6 Experiment single, by Apoptygma Berzerk
- Burn - The Crow Theme Revisited, by Apoptygma Berzerk
Still not a complete new album, but good hollow electronic noise for your hollow electronic life.
- Lessons from Gutenberg
- Rian Rietveld
- Painfully awkward video of Dragon Naturally Speaking vs Gutenberg: By 2:48, I was saying "Motherfucker!" to my non-voice-controlled screen. It has 46 minutes to go. 💣
The codebase of Gutenberg is difficult for all of us, because no one in the wpa11y team is a skilled React developer. So it was hard to implement changes and write PRs ourselves. What we could do is test, tell what’s wrong and what it should be and hope a developer would pick it up. A lot of a11y work has been done by the Gutenberg team but major issues still exist.
The results indicated so many accessibility issues that most testers refused to look at Gutenberg again.
Note "a11y" means "Accessibility", because of course we don't write it all out.
All of this suggests that Gutenberg was pushed out because it was useful in business competition with SquareSpace, not because it helps any WordPress users. The classic rich text editor was fine for many newbies, and then they'd graduate to HTML or Markdown, neither of which are rocket surgery, when they needed more control.
- NASA Live: Watch InSight Mars Landing Online: 11:00 PST, runs until 12:30.
Updated with permalink.
Search ahead to "Part V" to see the paper summaries and reviewer comments! These are ridiculous, and should never, ever have been accepted.
“This is a wonderful paper – incredibly innovative, rich in analysis, and extremely well-written and organized given the incredibly diverse literature sets and theoretical questions brought into conversation. The author’s development of the focus and contributions of the paper is particularly impressive. The fieldwork executed contributes immensely to the paper’s contribution as an innovative and valuable piece of scholarship that will engage readers from a broad cross-section of disciplines and theoretical formations. I believe this intellectually and empirically exciting paper must be published and congratulate the author on the research done and the writing.” -Reviewer 1, Gender, Place, and Culture
—comment on "Dog Park"
- Money (That's What I Want), by Barrett Strong
- Money, by Pink Floyd
- Mr Jones, by Counting Crows
- Money Machine, by James Taylor
- Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money), by Pet Shop Boys
- Bitch Better Have My Money, by Rihanna: Fucking great video, watch the whole thing.
- CREAM, by Wu-Tang Clan
- Gold Digger, by Kanye West
- ANTI, by Rihanna