Gonna look thru the new blues section in Apple Music, see what's good. I don't vouch for any of these yet, will update with notes.
- Strange Angels, in Flight with Elmore James: Tribute album, so far impressed by Tom Jones (rather surprisingly) and Deborah Bonham, but a variety of covers.
- Black Coffee, by Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa: Up through title track's good blues-rock, but then their version of Lullaby of the Leaves is great, guitar wailing and girl screaming hurt out from her gut.
- Charmed & Dangerous, by Altered Five Blues Band: New but not exceptional songs, guitar's better than singing or songwriting, mostly, but On My List to Quit is a fine song.
- Californisoul, by Super Sonic Blues Machine: Kind of a mess of blues, funk, and latin. Bar-band quality, certainly wouldn't buy an album but acceptable background music.
- The Sherman Holmes Project
- Good Morning Midnight, by Scott Ellison
- Stompin' Ground, by Tommy Castro
If you want to listen to an album, it's right there, in Apple Music, or presumably Spotify or whatever, which is why I mostly link to albums in my semi-daily music posts. If you want things outside your usual tastes, go hit Browse and find something. Or listen to one of Apple's "radio" stations; Zane Lowe just plays intolerable disco crap for ADHD babies, but there are others.
Anyway. Here's some hostile mechanical music to replace your whiny sentimental humanity:
My coffee today is just mud; I can't see a spoon more than 2cm deep into it, and it tastes like all the beans were just moistened into mud, not diffused. Gaah. I'm still drinking it, but I'm not happy.
You know what still makes me happy? Anamanaguchi:
Most of these are "Retro-Wave", because New Wave is old. I miss the '80s. Anyway, have a better 2018 than, you know, the horrifying apocalyptic nightmare we can't wake from currently.
- Sentient, by Perturbator
- Please, by Lake Radio
- The Fourth, by Chris Malinchak
- Telefuture Theme, by Mitch Murder and on Apple Music
- Fantasy VHS, by Luxury Elite and on bandcamp
- Modern Love, by Kristine, Barretso Remix
- Hello Meteor
- Sellorekt/LA Dreams
- Silicon Love, by Lifelike
- Human, by the Human League - OK, some old New Wave.
- True, by Spandau Ballet