- The Heart of Everything, by Within Temptation
- Once, by Nightwish
- Jomsviking, by Amon Amarth
- Hel, by Týr
- Winterborn, by Wolfheart
- Marrow of the Spirit, by Agalloch
While trying to find Agalloch's winter album, I ran across Decibel's 10 Great Albums for Winter, which I may go through.
No, I've not seen some Disney cartoon musical.
- Judgement, by VNV Nation
- Skyshaper, by Covenant
- Defiance, by Assemblage 23
- As We Fall, by Imperative Reaction
- Broken Legacies, by mind.in.a.box
Those who shout the loudest impose their will
Upholding laws that serve the few
Declaring peace while the sirens sing
In the name of progress, the name of madness
Drum beats faster, crowd shouts louder
And chaos replaces order
I want justice for the voice that can't be heard
Vindication for every suffering and hurt
Let retribution hold dominion over earth
Because Judgement Day's not coming
Judgement Day's not coming soon enough
—VNV Nation, "Nemesis"
- 99 Luftballons, by Nena: 99 red balloons go by…
- Invisible Touch, by Genesis: Land of Confusion
- Cargo, by Men at Work: It's a Mistake
- Mike & the Mechanics: Silent Running
- React, by The FIXX: Red Skies, Stand or Fall, Saved by Zero
- This is the Day… This is the Hour… This is This…, by Pop Will Eat Itself: DEF CON ONE
- Orbiting Cathedrals, by Pro-Tech
- Live Code (live), by Front 242
- Metropolis, by Sister Machine Gun
- Millennium, by Front Line Assembly
- Pandemonium, by Killing Joke
- Mechanical Horizon, by Decoded Feedback
- Dawnrazor, by Fields of the Nephilim
Ready for 2020? Shit, I'm not ready for 2000. We should've had a revolution. Not too late to start.
- Sweets from a Stranger, by Squeeze: Black Coffee in Bed
- Sylvan Esso: Coffee
- Don Quixote, by Gordon Lightfoot: Second Cup of Coffee
- Tuesday Night Music Club (deluxe), by Sheryl Crow: Coffee Shop. Start at the second disc, if you're like me you've heard the first one too many times. "On the Outside" is also really good.
- Dreamland, by Robert Plant: One More Cup of Coffee
- Slip it In, by Black Flag & Henry Rollins: Black Coffee
- Weltschmerz definition
- Exile in Guyville, by Liz Phair: Flower is the most perfect song ever written.
- Jagged Little Pill, by Alanis Morissette
- To Bring You My Love, by PJ Harvey
- The Heart of Saturday Night, by Tom Waits
- One from the Heart, by Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle
- Loveless, by My Bloody Valentine
- F# A# ∞, by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
I don't at all like that it's buried in the beta webapp. But it works, once you get thru Apple's aggressively defensive login system (which, sure, it protects all my stuff; be defensive).
So clearly it only tracks Apple Music playtime; I mostly use my local music library. Anything here is stuff I don't own, or on an Apple playlist. And the two extremes: '80s pop music, and '90s industrial/metal. I don't understand some of these, why are there 5 plays of Rammstein's DEUTSCHLAND but nothing else off that album? I much prefer Engel.