The future is
coming now yesterday.
- Learn2JS: Skeleton for quickly building JS applications. As close as modern tech can get to a BASIC "READY" prompt!
- MDH Software Gallery
- ImageUtil: Java command-line image-processing utility.
- Advent of Code 2017
- Mark Rolls Dice: gaming blog
- Archive of my old site at KUOI-FM
- Starred Posts
- See the Categories list to the right and down for specific topics
- Last 5:
- Last time, I was uncertain about string concatenation, so I did a test: #!/usr/bin/env julia const kTestText = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789\n" const kLoops = 10000 function stringString() s = "" for i in 1:kLoops s = "$s$kTestText" end return s end function bufferString() sb = IOBuffer() for i in 1:kLoops print(sb, kTestText) end return String(take!(sb)) end function … Continue reading "Julia String Concatenation"Read More »
- Third-Party Twitter Clients Remove Features as API Changes Loom The big winners of this so far have been ActivityPub servers, especially Mastodon, and micro.blog, where I've seen a lot of people finally jump out of the boiling pot (I was gonna say "frogs" instead of "people", but the whole right-wing frog avatar thing…). My handles … Continue reading "Twitpocalypse Now"Read More »
- Crow OST The Botanic Verses, by The March Violets Heavenly Bodies, by Gene Loves Jezebel Southern Death Cult: Not on iTunes, so here's a concert The CultRead More »
- This Wednesday thing can go hump itself. I'm doing nothing and you can't make me.Read More »
- Decided to take another day on Julia, write something more serious and see how that goes. There's an uber-juno "IDE" plugin for Atom, which at least turns on syntax highlighting and puts an interactive console in the editor. Yay. It's not capable of linting yet, though it says it is. So I'm rewriting a simple … Continue reading "More Julia"Read More »