If you think you have contracted the Vampire virus:
- Isolate yourself in a safe, dark place. Basement apartments, laundry rooms, service tunnels, and abandoned movie theatres are often ideal.
- By night, prepare a coffin or crate full of the dirt of your homeland.
- By day, sleep in your box.
- Make lists of enemies and annoyances. Each night, visit them and drain their blood.
- Make lists of friends and family who may join you. Each night, visit them and share the virus.
- Go to a sporting goods store and acquire legal firearms for self-defense against cross-wielding lunatics. Do not rely on magic powers.
- Even if you do not have the Vampire virus, this is a perfectly fine way to live.