So AIM is shutting down on Dec 15: And read that FAQ. “Why?” “We know there are loyal fans”. That’s not an answer, AOL/Oath!
But fine. I have iMessage and a .Mac @mac.com address, right? I’m a blue bubble, I’m somebody.
Huh. Well, I can send and receive messages, but can’t set my status anymore. No IM, no status. My very specific but subtle mood messaging is gone! Why isn’t this in iMessage?
- Boy, that Billie Holiday can sing.: From WHY I HATE SATURN, by Kyle Baker, which expresses like 75% of my moods.
- Fuck Xcode: I’m working in Xcode.
- GL_ANGER_MANAGEMENT: Look, I made a triangle appear! No, wait, it’s the wrong side of the triangle and now everything is broken and the GPU is on fire.
- Hates the Cloud: Networks are shit, databases are shit, so let’s put our databases on the network!
- is a Pepper: Last and only time I joined a movement.
- Jon Postel Has a Posse: Postel’s Law and Andre the Giant Has a Posse, but also in the sense that I am a semi-qualified angry mob who will string you up for breaking the Internet.
- Pretentious Mac Bastard: Been called this so many time by jealous Windorks I ain’t even mad.
- [REDACTED]: I could tell you about [REDACTED], but then Apple would kill you.
- Turns coffee into code: Working
- Will Xcode for food: Wants to work
- Wielder of the black sword: And even more so the books. If you know what happened at Quarzhasaat, that’s what I mean by this.
- Where are my pants?: I just got up. Don’t look at me.
- Bananaphone5: This I don’t recall. Was there a song from the ’60s about a bananaphone?
Anyway, my point is someone at Apple needs to add statuses to iMessage.