I don’t bother to see Star Wars or anything else opening night in theatres anymore, just Deadpool, Guardians, and Tarantino if he ever releases again.
SPOILERS? Not really but I’m gonna talk about themes which you should’ve seen coming.
- Mr Pool saves the Marvel Universe by undoing all MCU movies from Avengers Colon Civil War and X-Men Colon Apocalypse on. Pity it’s not canon, right?
- Domino is cute AND effective.
- X-Force 1.0 “because someone couldn’t draw feet!” is hilarious.
- Fight scenes are creative and fun, just like the first.
- Broader but not as iconic musical selections as the first movie.
- Women in Refrigerators score: 3! If you know a Hollywood writer, kill their girlfriends/spouses/any female relation to motivate them to more creatively deal with female characters.
- Drink every time they say “faaaamily” and you’ll be 99% alcohol by volume. I hate all this family shit and I blame the corpse of Paul Walker. I’d kill him again if it’d stop this “find your family” Gen-Whine shit. I also blame the rise of step-sibling/parent porn on Gen-Whine’s family fetish (literally).
- Long stretches of unfunny dramatic shit, calling someone’s name instead of making an argument (I refer to this as Heathcliff/Catherine syndrome).
- Obvious solution to kid’s problem is obvious but no, then you’d be just like bad guy.
★★★½☆, it’s not a great movie like the original, but sequels rarely are.