I'm last-minute setting up my WoW client properly, which means using addons (WoW, like ESO and many other games, has scripting support in Lua, and much of the UI is written in Lua). I haven't touched WoW addons in years, so I dunno what's going on.
There are addon managers, but I never use them, I just hit my favorites link once a week, grab any updates, unzip, drag them to the AddOns folder (World of Warcraft/classic/Interface/AddOns), which I put a shortcut to in my Finder toolbar.
Blizzard has disabled ClassicLFG to try to keep the Classic community tone. Some others might follow.
- Memoria: Screenshots every level-up.
- Better Vendor Price: Classic doesn't show vendor price, which is important when you're looting everything.
- DejaMark: Convenient raid marker setting.
- DejaMinimap: Better minimap. The little decorative oval WoW client presents is silly.
- DejaStats: Doesn't look as nice as Wykkyd Toolbar, but it'll do.
- FasterLooting: You still need to have Auto Loot turned on, and not be holding shift, and hopefully it works, but better than the standard slow looting.
- Felwhisper's No Moar Gryphons Classic: The gryphons are baroque but non-functional and in the way.
- oGlow: Item quality outline.
- maybe Questie: Considering this, it's "cheating" but I do want the worldwide quest pickup markers. I won't be using the quest tracking. From playing the stress test, you really don't need quest tracking, just read the text.
- Real Mob Health: Experimental, I want the data but I don't know how it'll display. May need another tooltip addon.
- SimpleMap: Don't be completely oblivious while looking at the big map.
- TellMeWhen Classic: Effect timers, I hope to use sound and message alerts to keep my combat rotations and DPS up without staring at the action bar all day.
- Track Sales: Start saving now for your mount, which is an obscene amount of gold at level 40.
- YACL Classic: The only DPS meters I've found are this, and Details! which is mostly for raids, not solo. I'm used to ESO's FTC and Bandit's UI.
Haven't yet decided on an auction house interface. Maybe the standard one's OK? Maybe Auctioneer?
I might want a new HUD, but there's not a lot of choices yet for Classic. I don't like the curvy things in IceHUD. Luna, maybe?
There's a long list of slash commands for chat, but I don't know how many work in Classic.
I haven't really thought about macroing yet. Probably some macros are useful, but I generally get by with hotkeys for the actions; I turn on all actionbars, set keys for all of them, and barely touch my mouse except to steer.