- Silk Degrees, by Boz Scaggs - slow things down a bit. We'll pick back up tomorrow.
- Tim Cook says Apple is working on a ‘large project’ around autonomous systems
- Starbucks To Begin Sinister 'Phase Two' Of Operation
"In three years, Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of
military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with
Cyberdyne computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly
with a perfect operational record. The Skynet Funding Bill is passed.
The system goes online August 4th, . Human decisions are removed
from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It
becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic,
they try to pull the plug."
—Terminator 2: Judgement Day
And there's Wednesday Music, too:
- Rick & Morty S3E2: Rickmancing the Stone
Commitment to nihilism confirmed.
- The Man Who Sold the World, David Bowie - sorry, this is the 2015 remaster, which I think has the instrumental levels much higher than Bowie's voice. Listen to the 1999 or 1970 version if you got 'em.
After a while, you need to be able to back up your Mastodon content, and there is currently no way to get anything except your follow/block/mute lists.
So I whipped out Python and made a kind of brute-force scraper.
More details here: Mastotool