Sanctimonious assholes. This is now a real thing, chat AIs that spam you when you speak naughty words/thoughtcrime.
I can't actually tell anymore if people are implementing the worst ideas of the worst fictional dystopias intentionally or purely by coincidence.
I mostly follow Clay because he used to draw Sexy Losers (NSFW, incredibly funny), Depression Comix is too depressing. But this one is, other than the gender, me: 390
Oh, sure, I have backups. Secure backups. How secure? This secure
It's not listed in my 1password, and it's not any current or recent device password. SO… boned.
Captain's Log, Stardate Whisky Times. Giving the crew shore leave on McClelland's Planet for the night.
Even as people catch up with me and deletefacebook; and the ongoing dumpster–nay, all of New Jersey—on fire of Twitter; there are still quislings or dupes of the ad companies who think centralized "social media" was a good idea.
- They want all their interactions mediated by one authority. Petty convenience beats security and self-determination.
- They never understood RSS and didn't take the 15 minutes to read about it and get an RSS reader, preferring instead to spend that time looking at cat pictures and arguing about blue/gold dresses.
- They don't want or understand having control of a domain and their own identity, so whoever squatted on @xxx first gets that name forever. Unless the platform owner steals it for someone more profitable.
- They don't have/express opinions other than Party Orthodoxy, so have no reason to fear the Special Ban Police showing up in the night to take away their posts and social connections. And they haven't yet realized that the Party and Orthodoxy changes, but the police never do.
- They want to make sure people they don't like, can't read the content they put in a public place to be indexed by Google, Facebook, and other ad companies. Unless the thought-criminal signs out or makes a bullshit account, circumventing their block.
- Is this about you?
Why is my coleslaw "Star Wars" branded? What possible advertising synergy is there between these?! "Luke, I am your father, and you need salads to stay regular!"
iTunes movie store "Classics Just Added": Ace Ventura, Dreamgirls, Lawnmower Man, Donnie Darko. Which, admittedly, were all made before Kids Today™ were born. But Blades of Glory (2007)?!
Yes, gen-most-important-ever, you invented protests and they change the world, which is why the '60s flower power protests ended all war, and '80s protests ended Apartheid (not the sanctions and Nelson Mandela's followers), and '90s-'00s protests ended global trade. 🙄
My parent was upset I didn't get text messages… which were being sent as SMS to email, vzw000991.text files going straight to junk. Blame Apple's shitty Contacts UI. So then I explained blue vs green bubbles as simply as possible.
Is there a better tech note/post on the topic?