- ’90s Rock Essentials playlist: Skip all the Nirvana; as I’ve often said, the average quality of music in the world doubled the day Kurt solved his headache problem. While I like Santana, Smooth (featuring Rob Thomas) really doesn’t fit in this list, nor does some of the electronica. Otherwise very nice.
- Nude & Rude: The Best of Iggy Pop: Iggy’s best work was first done in the ’70s, but his ’90s comeback is when he finally burned away all soft kindness in himself and just rocked the fuck out.
- This is the Day… This is the Hour… This is This…, by Pop Will Eat Itself: The album that got me ready for a brave new world.
- Pretty Hate Machine, by Nine Inch Nails: How I felt about that world.
- Smells Like Children, by Marilyn Manson: Nihilistic response after a couple years living in that shit.